Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Your meaning in life

Another day, another dollar. 
This popular saying really gets to me. It's like saying "I hate my job, I'm not in control of my life and I don't have the ability to make any changes." It is such a self-victimizing attitude to hold. People who commonly hold this view are usually unhappy in their job/career, their relationships and life in general. These people have chosen to put a negative spin on their lives and are obviously unhappy. You would think this would ignite change. You would think these people would sit down and re-assess their lives, their goals, ambitions, wants, needs and think about what they really want from life. Although they don't. They continue to complain about hating their jobs, they dread Mondays and place high value on money earnings over their own happiness. Why?
Because it's easier. There is no effort involved in doing the things we always do, and it's easier to put the blame on the job than on yourself for not making changes. Although how much can we really take of leading unfulfilled, unenjoyable and unhappy lives? Do you really want to live a pointless life? Or would you like meaning, ambition, a goal, a dream, would you like purpose? 
This is how I have chosen to live, with purpose. I really believe that each person on this planet is here for a different reason. Separately we are all individual and unique, but together we all bring something different to this life we share. We all contribute and have a meaning. I see life as having a reason and a purpose. It's like this feeling inside of a higher purpose guiding your every thought, feeling and action. It's this overall sense of the bigger picture, and the real meaning to life. Whether you were made to help people, to teach, to learn, to motivate, to invent, to change for the better, to give your time, to speak your mind, to tell your stories, to listen. Whatever you feel is really your purpose in this life, what you were really created to do. 
We have become so set in this idea of "jobs" and which job is going to make you financially richer. What about which job is going to allow you to live out your purpose and make you emotionally richer? People have become absorbed with climbing ladders and being the best in a field for the sole purpose of a title or a larger pay check. But what do you really perceive as success? What really makes a person successful in this life, what is success? I guess it depends on your values, and what you really see as being most important to you, what is really going to make you happy. This quote really speaks to me;
"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." -Herman Cain 
It shows us that when you find something that excites and energises you, it can make you jump out of bed in the morning and fall asleep with a smile on your face each night. When you have this energy and positive drive, you will work hard, and you will want to keep achieving and growing with this passion, and you will meet success. This success may not necessarily be measured in dollars and cents, but does this really matter? If you are living a fulfilled, meaningful, enjoyable and happy life, is money and physical 'things' really a factor? We have become so obsessed with physical objects and a paychecks as a form of measuring our life achievements and successes. I'd prefer to measure my life's successes and achievements by; the amazing people and family I have in my life, by the relationships I will have with my future family, by the amount of times I make the choice to smile instead of frown, by the places I have explored, by the moments that took my breath away, the memories that leave me in fits of laughter, the people's lives I have touched and by my general sense of living my life to it's fullest and doing everything that I have wanted to do- it's about the amount of dreams and goals I have accomplished.
I feel that my meaning in life, the reason I was created, is to help others. I am a teacher. In every sense of the word. It is my calling, and I feel it in every aspect of what I do. I want to help people realise their potential and then educate them on how to reach it. I love learning, I love educating myself and learning from others. I absorb everything around me, and then have the ability to be able to put this across to others in a way that they will understand and be able to use in their own lives. I am very opinionated, and independent, and I don't let other people influence my beliefs without good reason. I am my own person. I also love people, and if you know me you'd know that I love talking, I love sharing and I love expressing my thoughts, ideas, feelings and beliefs.
I am studying primary school teaching, and I feel this degree is giving me so many tools and resources in order to make me a better teacher. It has taught me about the different ways in which people learn, and the techniques in order to be able to cater to all learning techniques in my teaching. I am also a very intrinsic learner (motivated from within), and so I have the self-drive to stay committed and focused on my goals.
The way I am leading my journey at the moment, I've taken the track of health and fitness. Something I have found that has given me great mental strength and the ability to think positively and focus my energies into reaching personal goals. It has also opened my eyes to a community of like minded and incredibly supportive people, who I wish to keep in my life to learn from and grow with. This blog, as well as my future goals within this sport have given me a platform to help and teach others. Already I have passed on information to so many people, I have had people tell me I have inspired them to make positive changes in their own lives and I have helped others to think a little differently about life in general. Doing these things brings me joy and a sense of fulfillment in my life aspirations. I have chosen to teach children as I see them as the future of this world, they are responsible for the future generations. I want to make changes in this world, and I believe I can do this through the education of our youth. By being a positive role model and practicing what I preach I can teach these children the real importance of life. Deeper then geography and maths, but the ability to be positive, confident, educated, loving human beings who are motivated to make positive changes within our world. The environment, world hunger, pollution, war, racism, relationships and love are aspects I want our future to be able to resolve, find a better way and create a world where all it's citizens are allowed the basic needs in life. Well that is my calling, that is my life goal, it's my purpose. Everything I do in life is about helping and teaching others. My life isn't just about another day and another dollar. It's about making this day count to make tomorrow better, if not for myself but for others. Have you found your purpose in life? If not, why? What is it that's stopping you? Yes it's scary and daunting, but it's worth it just for that smile I have on my face every night and the smile and excitement for a new day every morning. Give your life meaning, and reach success through happiness <3 Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment