Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Adversity

So I was just notified that my body building bikini competition has been moved 2 weeks forward, as they were unable to hire out the venue for the original dates. So the comp date is now the 10th of March 2012, which means I am now 11 weeks and 4 days out. Ahh adversity! I think I shall just use this as fuel in my next training session, knowing my d-day is earlier then expected challenges me to step it up a notch! This Christmas period also adds many twists and turns to my usual training sessions. Opening hours, and work schedules have put my routine out of wack, but I'll continue to find a way around it. Soft sand beach walking has become a good friend for my glutes and hammies, and the little home gym occupying my garage will be handy over the public holidays. Sticking to my diet is also a challenge with all of the Christmas foods and sweets slowly filling my house! We have decided to cook a roast turkey (and lucky it's my turkey day!) with cooked vegies and salad for Christmas dinner, no cheating here! I've decided to allow myself one cheat meal, so I don't over indulge in all of the snack foods. It's a recipe for protein ice cream and chocolate peanut butter cups made with Stevia and protein powder, taken from this month's Oxygen magazine. With just 210cal I think I'll just up my cardio and all will be forgiven. I'm dedicated to my goals, and just because it's a special day does not mean I can allow myself to binge on sugar, salt and fats- especially when I've worked so hard to get to where I am right now!
So prep; how's it all going, is what I am continually asked. Good is usually my answer. I've stayed consistent with my diet, and I've been completing 3 split body parts weights days, with 3 whole body conditioning classes, along with a max of 20 mins of cardio per day, with one rest day. I have now been training with my personal trainer for 4 months, and I have 3 months left till comp. I'm sitting at around 17% body fat, and weighing 53kg. I need to get my body fat down to between 10%-14% while holding on to as much lean muscle as I can. This is where supplements come in, and boy did I just drop a whole lot'ta cash on those! This is what I'm taking at the moment;



Cytosport Complete Whey Protein Powder (Choc)
GLUTAFORM Glutamine Powder
Dorian Yates GH Blast
ALCAR Acetyl L-Carnitine
BCAA Capsules


All of these supplements are aiding me to build lean muscle mass, burn fat and help to repair my muscles quickly and effectively. Supplements are an aid, they do not do the work for you! I do not take a fat burner and all of a sudden my fat just disappears, they simply work with my training and nutrition to give me the best results possible.
As for cutting and upping my cardio, this hasn't begun yet. I know that soon we will be increasing my cardio periods, as well as training weights twice daily. My diet will also have a few changes to the kinds of foods I will be allowed.
The sort of picture I could be expecting!
Photography Nicole Miller, Bikini: Dana Carmont Bikinis
It's nearing closer and I'm getting really excited! In a month's time I have a pool bikini shoot with Dana Carmont Bikinis, with renowned photographer Nicole Miller! Where they will style 3 separate shoots with different bikinis, and a shoot for an hour. I will then get to keep 6 high quality photographs for my portfolio! Talk about exciting! Two of my good friends, one a make-up artist the other a hairdresser, have volunteered to get me all glammed up for my shoot! From this shoot I will also get a chance to look through Dana's collection, and hopefully decide on my bikini for comp! I think I'm going to go for a baby blue, lilac or sea green? As these colours tend to flatter my features and colouring. Next step will be the dreaded stripper heels, and practicing walking in the things! Posing classes come next, and trust me it's much harder then it looks! I need to learn how to present my body in a way that shows of my strengths, posing in a way that looks elegant, sexy and enables me to tense every muscle in my body! The prep will get more intense as I get closer to comp, but for know I'm just focused on eating clean and making the most of all of my training sessions. Yes adversity may have hit, but I am resilient and determined, as well as excited that the challenge just became that little bit harder. Tickets for my comp go on sale soon, I believe they are $60 and it will be held at the Perth Italian Club, on Fitzgerald St, North Perth. So if you're interested in coming down to support me, let me know and I can point you in the right direction for tickets!
Keep pushing the barriers and believe in yourself! <3 Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment